Sunday, January 6, 2008

New Year's Promise for 2008

Wow, already 6 days into the new year 2008! That's so hard to beleive. 30-35 years ago I couldn't begin to fathom ever reaching this year. It was hard enough to think about the year 2000 and the change of a century and now look. We are 8 years into that new century and it really isn't to bad at all.
I learned long ago not to make New Year's Resolutions because I wasn't going to keep them. This year instead of making any resolutions, or even thinking about making them, I made myself a promise. I promised myself that I would take the boys, Murphy and Bugs, out for a walk every day weather permitted. So far so good. I figured that if I made a promise I was more inclined to keep it. This promise will benefit both the dogs and me. I'd like to lose 20-30# before I go home to VA for O'livia's graduation and going for walks will help with this. The walks should also strenghten my hip and lower back and the boys get the exercise they need, especially Murphy.
I made the idea of taking the dogs for a walk easier by buying a dual leash coupler. Trying to walk them on two seperate leashes was difficult to say the least. Murphy would walk by my side as he should but Bugs, being the inquisitive boy that he is, was attempting to pull me all over the place so he could explore. I couldn't take one dog without the other so I didn't take either of them. With the coupler and a shorter leash, the dogs seem less inclined to pulling me and it seems to be helping Bugs to be teethered next to Murphy. We've gone every day of this new year and the boys are looking forward to it as a new treat when I come home from work.
So again I am making this promise. I PROMISE TO TAKE THE DOGS FOR A WALK EVERY DAY THAT WEATHER PERMITS!!!!

No comments: